Nichole Fitzpatrick is a certified & qualified Equine Bodyworker in the following modalities:
🔹️Jenkins Equine Neuropsychologic Therapy (JENT) Bodyworker Equine Diploma - JBWE
🔹️JENT Red Light Therapy Equine - JRLTE
🔹️Equine Myo-Manipulative Functional Therapist- EMFT
🔹️Animal Neuro-Myofascial Release Practitioner - ANMR
🔹️Equine Craniosacral Therapist
🔹️Equine Kinesiology Tape Practitioner
Equifitz Therapy also offers
🔹️ Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT)
🔹️PEMF Therapy Rug System
As a competitor, trainer, Clinician and mentor keeping my horses in a top physical state is a must to achieve competitive performances. Regular Bodywork keeps my team of horses at their best. My passion for Bodywork started with the increase in performance levels and I'm now excited to be able to help others with these modalities.
I'm focused and passionate about helping you achieve your goals with your equine partners no matter your discipline, to keep your horse at their best without any restrictions nor pain and make them as comfortable as possible to perform to their best ability. Also, to be able to help owners to maintain their horses at home and when they require a Bodyworker.
I have been involved with horses for over 30 years. During this time, I have competed in Pony Club, showing Ponies, Galloways and Stock Horses as well as competing Polocrosse and the Western Industry. Over the past 15 years my passion and focus has been spent competing at a professional level in Barrel Racing, alongside breeding and training our own performance horses, coaching and running clinics all over the country to help others improve and reach their goals.
What is JENT ?
Jenkins Equine Neurophysiologic Therapy (JENT) is a unique bodywork therapy system based on extensive research and
data collected from several thousand case studies. Whereas veterinarians treat major trauma and illness, JENT works in
the ‘grey’ area on the causes of sub-clinical lameness and the temperament, behavioral and training problems that result
from low grade discomfort and pain. Issues that reduce performance abilities.
JENT research indicates that 90% of unevenness of gait can be attributed to pain caused by predictable myofascial
dysfunction and the secondary issues arising. JENT identifies these patterns as the primary cause of reduced posture,
movement and behavioral / emotional disquiet;
* chronic low grade pain causes anxiety
* anxiety leads to muscle tension
* chronic muscle tension leads to performance deficit *resulting in lameness
* experience has shown us that every uneven horse is ultimately destined to break down
Keeping horses pain free allows them to develop physically, mentally and emotionally. JENT is a whole of horse program.
Each horse is progressively assessed and treated according to its individual skeletal conformation, breed characteristics
and musculature. The JENT program progressively addresses and can assist all aspects of horse health and function
including ‘under saddle’ issues. JENT Practitioners are trained to identify when paddocking / stabling, diet, dentition, hoof
balance, horse care, saddle fit, riding style or the training program are impacting on a horse’s performance and soundness.
Once these issues are addressed the JENT program achieves:
* realignment of weight distribution and balance thus reducing wear and tear on joints
* reduction and often complete elimination of pain allowing horses the opportunity to develop their full potential
* optimization of self-carriage
* enhanced performance
* expansion of communication channels between the rider and the horse’s complete self
The JENT network of trained and experienced professional practitioners work in tandem with horse owners and other
professionals to produce the best outcomes for horses.
For further information about JENT please visit www.jent.net.au
Pulse Electromagnetic Field Therapy Treatments
Safe and Effective with Extraordinary results
A non toxic, non-invasive way to improve your equines health
Pulsed Electro-Magnetic Field Therapy (PEMF) is the most advanced and effective treatment of soft tissue injuries, arthritis, fractures and degenerative diseases.
Equifitz would like to help you discover the natural healing of PEMF as PEMF penetrates deep into the tissue. We can demonstrate a range of Effective, Safe and Affordable services to provide:
- Pain Relief
- Accelerated Healing
- Conditioning and Strengthening
- Improved Mobility
- Reduced Inflammation
Conditions for Treatment
Slow, non-healing wounds
Degenerative Joint Disease
Post Op ACL Surgery
What is pulsing electromagnetic field therapy (PEMF)?
Many people are familiar with PEMF, since it has been in human use since the 1970's to heal non-union fractures. Although products manufactured by Respond Systems are not for human use, Bio-Pulse PEMF systems have been in use for over ten years on the most expensive performance horses in the world.. PEMF uses pulsing magnetic fields, developed by pulsing a small amount of battery current through coils of wire, to initiate normal biological cellular reactions that result in improved circulation and provide pain relief.
What is pulse magnetic field therapy (PMFT)?
What are the cellular effects of PEMF?
All the cells of the body have a weak, natural electric current flowing through them. The currents are caused by electrically charged particles in the cells called ions. Ions affect the metabolism, or the work of the cell. PMFT is a method of applying a magnetic field to the cell which sends a weak electrical signal, influencing the interaction of the ions, and the flow of nutrients in the cell. Enhanced circulation and nutrient exchange can speed the healing process and reduce down time.
Why is it called "pulsing" magnetic field therapy?
Very simply, cells contain electrically charged particles, called ions, which cause a weak, natural electrical current to flow. Changes in the electrical properties of cells result in the activation of various ion "pumps", which move nutrients back and forth across the cell wall. PEMF creates a magnetic field in motion, which activates the pump. The resulting change in pump action improves the metabolic rate of the cell.
How much of the body is affected by the Bio-Pulse systems?
The most effective form of signalling cells is to send a series of magnetic pulses, of the proper frequency and wave form to stimulate cellular action. The Bio-Pulse systems generate a frequency and wave form which was recommended as the most effective by Dr. C.A. Bassett in his landmark work at Columbia University Hospital.
What can I expect from PEMF therapy?
The pulsing magnetic field developed by the coils in the blanket are large enough to penetrate the major joints and muscles of the body. In fact, if you hold a test magnet close to a coil, and gradually move the test magnet away from the coil, you will still feel the pulsing from 12-18 inches away. This means that a 30 minute session is enough for most animals to realize a noticeable benefit.
How is PMFT used?
PEMF therapy is a relaxing, healthful therapy than can reduce or eliminate the need for pharmaceuticals if your animal suffers from stiffness, soreness or painful conditions. You will usually see a difference in 1 to 2 weeks of therapy, a difference in the way they rise, walk and run. They may also eat and sleep better with PEMF therapy.
This type of therapy has been used since the 1970's on performance horses, such as show horses and thoroughbred race horses, to treat sore backs, sore muscles and stiff, arthritic joints. Acute and chronic inflammations of the tendons and tendon sheaths are treated by using leggings, and arthritic hocks are treated with hock boots. A neck wrap contains PEMF coils to treat stiff and sore necks caused by competing and training. The newest form of this therapy, the Bio-Pulse™ Sentry Magnetic Therapy System has been available since 2004. And our newest PEMF system, the Iron Foot completely treats the foot with a pad that the horses stand on. All Respond Systems Bio Pulse products are completely portable, with no electrical cords hanging around to potentially injure you or your horse.
How does pulsing magnetic therapy differ from magnetic wraps and pads?
Respond Systems has sold therapy systems to over 8,000 veterinarians, owners and trainers world-wide, and is now used by the U.S.E.T. as well as internationally.
Three major differences:
- Pulsing Magnetic therapy penetrates completely through the joints and muscles. The strength of a magnetic field is directly related to the size and the composition of the magnet, and determines the depth of penetration. When you pulse battery current through the ten coils of the Bio-Pulse blanket, you are turning each coil of wire into a large, pulsing magnet. You can feel the pulsing up to 15 inches away from the coil by holding a test magnet in your hand. Now, hold a test magnet next to a magnetic wrap. You can't even feel it an inch away. In fact, a study conducted by an independent testing laboratory found that at 1/3 inch away from the magnetic wrap, the magnetic field was barely measurable. The Bio-Pulse blanket, with coils located at strategic locations on the horse, provides a strong, pulsing magnetic field that penetrates completely through joints and muscles for a complete therapy in just 30 minutes!
- Time Needed for Therapy. The Bio-Pulse system only needs to be used for 30 minutes each day. This means that, in the space of one day, you can use the one Bio-Pulse unit for all the horses in your barn. Bi-polar magnet blankets that have the magnets sewn into the sheet must be used for 3-4 days to have even a minimal effect on surface capillaries.
- Published, scientific studies abound for pulsed magnetic field therapy. PMFT has been widely used in the treatment of human delayed union fractures for over a decade, and there is a growing body of literature concerning the biological and clinical effects of this energy. If you ask a magnetic wrap supplier to send you studies, they will send you studies about PMFT, because there is no scientific data concerning magnetic wraps. A recent study using pulsed magnetic fields reminds us that in clinical studies done over 17 years, over 200,000 patients have been treated safely with PMFT. Now you can use this therapy on YOUR horses, too!
What is Low Level Laser Therapy?
LLLT, also called cold laser is a form of photobiomodulation which involves the application of monochromatic and coherent light to injuries and lesions to stimulate healing, reduce pain, and to promote tissue repair and nerve regeneration.
What is LLLT used for?
LLLT is used to increase the speed, quality and tensile strength of tissue repair, resolve inflammation, and give pain relief.
It is an attractive form of treatment for animal athletes, due to the prospect of shorter recovery and lay-off times.
Low-Level Laser has been shown to be effective in, but not limited to, the treatment of the following indications:
780-830nm Infra-Red Wavelengths - Deep Tissue Penetration:
* Sprains & strains
* Wounds and abrasions
* Ligament & tendon injuries, bowed tendon
* Joint injuries
* Myofascial trigger points, pain points and deep-tissue acupuncture points
* Chronic & acute pain
* Non-union & small-bone fractures
630-700nm Visible Red Wavelengths - Shallow Tissue Penetration:
* Wounds & abrasions
* Superficial acupuncture points
* Mucous membranes
* Post-surgical wounds
Click here to read more about LLLT. http://www.spectravet.com/lllt.html
Contact Nichole Fitzpatrick to arrange a session:
- One off or a course of treatments
- Daily or Weekly equine rehabilitation facility
M 0427 811 983